At a glance
- Traveler/Login Identity is a core system concept, including self-register authentication, and catering for different traveler groups with different needs/permissions
- Traveler versus Login/Password
- OpsManager manages travelers, which can be used to create logins/passwords
- Sentinel (UserManager) manages logins/passwords, which can be used to create travelers
- All travelers must have an email (mandatory) for operational staff to use as a contact detail during disrupts or schedule changes
- As a concept, a staff/contractor/employee “Profile” is a subset of travelers, which can only be added/updated via an automated external source like the HR system
- If a traveler doesn’t have both an EmployeeId & Email, they can’t:
- book travel for themselves; only a secretary can book travel on their behalf
- use self-register to get a login/password for system access to travel quotas
- You can delete and re-add a traveler, but you can’t change an Employeeid/Email.
- EmployeeId is used as the identifying Unique Id when providing automated updates of employee information
- Email address is the link between a login/password and associated traveler, therefore an aspect of authenticating identity, and cannot be changed
Sentinel for logins/roles
Sentinel (UserManager) manages/coordinates in one central module:
From the Users menu item, add roles to an invited/self-registered user with a login/password.
To add or update a role, use the Roles menu.
Application Security Manifests are a system file that each module will send to user manager to co-ordinate new permissions added by your development team.
Ops Manager for travelers/profiles
Management have access to the Traveler menu.
The Traveler screen caters for:
- searching for travelers
- adding/updating adhoc travelers e.g. a Shell staff member perhaps
- batch importing/updating a group of travelers from a csv file e.g. 300 teachers
- syncing a group of travelers from an external source e.g. SAP/Cytric
- system admin option only
- note that travelers/profiles added from an external source can only be updated by that source, not manually
- https://corpfleet.app/traveler-group-csv-importer for importing travelers from a csv
- https://corpfleet.app/user-manager for more info on adding a login/traveler
- https://corpfleet.app/traveller-groups-fare-categories for more on traveler groups